No.433 "Porcupine" Squadron was an RCAF heavy bomber squadron that almost uniquely operated from the same base, at Skipton-on-Swale from its formation in September 1943 until it was disbanded in October 1945.
No.434 "Bluenose" Squadron was a RCAF heavy bomber squadron, formed in June 1943 as part of No.6 (RCAF) Group. It was named after the schooner "Bluenose", a successful racing ship and fishing boat, which became a symbol of Nova Scotia.
No.502 'Ulster' Squadron served with Coastal Command throughout the Second World War, and on 30 November 1941 became the first Coastal Command squadron to make a successful attack on a U-boat using air-to-surface radar.
No.511 Squadron was a transport squadron which operated on a small number of long range routes from 1942 until the end of the war.
No.517 Squadron was a meteorological squadron, forming as part of Coastal Command from No.1404 (Met) Flight in August 1943.